SAMUR – Sabah Ammonia Urea
- PETRONAS Chemicals Fertiliser Sabah Sdn Bhd to build Malaysia’s 1st mega urea fertilizer plant in Sipitang, Sabah with a capacity of 1.225 MMTPA.
- Estimated cost of USD1.5 billion.
- SAMUR is a strategic project and is very critical to Sabah in supporting the oil and gas development in the State.
- SAMUR volume key target markets will be Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Australia. With SAMUR, PETRONAS will be the largest urea exporter in South East Asia.
- Scheduled to obtain Initial Acceptance (IA) in Q4 2014/Q1 2015, 39 months after contract award.
- RM 1.5539 Billion invested as of March 2012
- Job creation:
– 350 – 450 permanent staff
– 1,000 temporary staff