SIPITANG OIL & GAS INDUSTRIAL PARK
Sipitang Oil & Gas Industrial Park (SOGIP) is located in Sipitang district, approximately 12 kilometres from Sipitang town. It is about 150km south of Kota Kinabalu city centre and take about 2.5 hours travel from Kota Kinabalu to Sipitang.
SOGIP is an integrated industrial park that designated for oil and gas related and other heavy industries with 4,065 acres of land size and the first oil & gas industrial park in Sabah for petrochemicals.
FACILITIES & INFRASTRUCTURES
Availability of Land
Availability of 4,065 ac (1,645 ha) of land and 2,471 ac (1,000 ha) of sea land for oil and gas development
Sufficient of Water Depth
Besides located in strategic location, SOGIP has sufficient water depth (16 to 25M) which enough to cater for Single Buoy Mooring (SBM) for Very Large Crude Carriers (VLCC) and also has availability of vessel anchorage.
- SOGIP is located at a sheltered area of Brunei Bay and close proximity to Pulau Muara Besar Development.
- Besides, it also nearby to major shipping lane and close proximity to Labuan, where the Asian Supply Base located.
- An addition, Asian Supply Base is globally recognized as an efficient and reliable supply base for the Oil & Gas Industry.
Pan Borneo Highway & Asia Pacific LNG Route
Strategically located within the busy LNG route in the Asian Pacific region as well as Pan Borneo Highway connecting and reducing travel time by road to/from Sabah-Sarawak.
SOGIP is the first oil and gas development in Sabah focusing on petrochemicals. It will be the catalyst for the development in Sabah along the west coast. The development of the park must be aligned with ETP and SDC for oil and gas sector and be beneficial to the state of Sabah.
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN SOGIP PETROCHEMICAL PLANT
- Urea & its derivatives (NPK, Melamine, Urea Formaldehyde)
- Ammonia & its derivatives (Caprolactam Diammonium Phosphate, Ammonium Sulphate, Ammonium Nitrate)
- Methanol & its derivatives
BULK STORAGE & REFINERY
- Bulk storage for both crude oil and petroleum products
- Shipping, onshore and offshore structures
- Electricity Supply
- Water Supply
PETRONAS CHEMICALS FERTILIZERS SABAH SDN BHD (PCFSSB)
- The world-class SAMUR project consists of an ammonia, urea and granulation plant, as well as utilities and jetty facilities.
- SAMUR project cost approximately RM 4.6 billion (USD 1.5 billion) and produce about 1.2 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) of granulated urea. The ammonia plant produces 740,000 MTPA of liquid ammonia.
- SAMUR is the largest single train granular urea facility in South East Asia, transforming Sabah into one of the region’s largest producer of fertilizers.